Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 55 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hrs 5 Mins
2 Cups of flour
1 Cup of sugar
¾ Cup of unsalted butter
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
⅓ tsp salt
¼ Cup of lemon juice
Zest from 1 lemon
¾ Cup of butter milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 Cup of icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
2 tbsp milk or more if needed
1. Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. After that, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Place aside.
3. To make buttercream, put the butter and sugar in a big bowl and whisk them together with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. For roughly 3 minutes, beat until light and fluffy.
4. Once again, add each egg separately. Combine the vanilla essence, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a mixing
bowl. Beat until fully integrated.
5. Then, add half the buttermilk and stir until just incorporated before adding the last third of the flour mixture and mixing until just blended. Continue by adding a further third of the flour mixture, the last half of the buttermilk, and finally the final third of flour. Just merge after beating.
6. Put poppy seeds in.
7. Fill the pan with the batter. When a toothpick put into the cake comes out clean, bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
8. After the cake has completed baking, remove it from the pan and allow it to cool for ten minutes there.
Transfer cake to a cooling rack with care. Allow cake to finish cooling.
9. Stir the ingredients for the frosting until they are well combined. The frosting must be firm and not runny at all. Pour over the cake.