Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 45 Mins
Total Time: 55 Mins
¼ cup of unsalted butter
¼ cup of all-purpose flour
⅔ cup of chicken broth
⅔ cup of milk
½ cup of finely diced sweet onion
2 cups of sour cream
2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup of melted butter
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 pounds frozen hash browns
1. Start by setting your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Melt the ¼ cup of butter in a small pot, then mix in the flour.
3. Cook for one minute over medium heat.
4. Add milk and chicken broth after whisking. Stirring and cooking the mixture until it starts to boil. Get rid of the heat.
5. Combine all remaining ingredients in a big bowl.
6. Add the chicken broth mixture by stirring.
7. Spread it evenly into a greased (or coated with cooking spray) 9×13 baking dish after mixing everything
8. Sprinkle with reserved cheese if not mixed in.
9. Finally, bake for 45 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the top is just beginning to turn brown.