Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 25 Mins
1¼ cups of all-purpose flour
1½ tsp baking powder
2 ½ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1½ cups of buttermilk plus 2-4 tbsp if needed to thin the batter
2 tbsp vegetable oil plus little more for the pan (or nonstick cooking spray)
1 lightly beaten egg
Syrup, for serving
1. Put the flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, baking powder, and oil in a bowl. Combine by whisking.
2. Add the egg, oil, and buttermilk.
3. Mix each item with a spoon until it is well combined.
4. Add a bit extra buttermilk and stir well if the batter appears to be too thick while you’re cooking the
5. Dissolve butter in a pan or griddle over medium-low heat. Apply some oil with a brush or nonstick frying
6. Pour the batter until the required thickness is achieved.
7. Before flipping the pancake over to complete cooking, wait until the top of the batter begins to form little
8. Make the pancakes until all sides are browned.
9. Serve hot with your preferred syrup.
1. This recipe yields around nine 4-inch pancakes.
2. Spraying your pancake turner with a nonstick spray will make turning pancakes much simpler. When
rotating uncooked pancake batter, the turner does not adhere to it.